This course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively understand, diagnose, and manage HIV/AIDS. This course has been crafted to address the evolving challenges posed by HIV/AIDS, and to empower the individuals with the tools needed to make a positive impact in the lives of those affected by this global health concern.
Day 1: Understanding HIV/AIDS
·Introduction to the course and participants
·Overview of HIV/AIDS: Definition, transmission, and global impact
·Stages of HIV infection and disease progression
·Common misconceptions and myths about HIV/AIDS
·Importance of early detection and diagnosis
Day 2: HIV Testing and Diagnosis
·Different types of HIV tests: Rapid tests, ELISA, Western blot, PCR
·Strategies for increasing HIV testing uptake
·Role of pre- and post-test counseling
·Interpreting test results and implications
·Addressing stigma and discrimination related to testing
Day 3: Antiretroviral Therapy (ART)
·Introduction to antiretroviral drugs: Classes and mechanisms of action
·Goals and benefits of ART: Viral suppression, CD4 count restoration
·Initiating ART: Guidelines and considerations
·Adherence and treatment monitoring
·Managing ART side effects and drug interactions
Day 4: Psychosocial and Nutritional Aspects
·Psychosocial challenges of living with HIV/AIDS
·Mental health support: Addressing depression, anxiety, and stigma
·Importance of disclosure and social support networks
·Nutritional considerations: Maintaining a healthy diet for immune support
·Role of exercise and stress reduction techniques
Day 5: Preventive Strategies and Future Outlook
·HIV prevention strategies: PrEP, PEP, harm reduction, safe sex practices
·Importance of comprehensive sexual education
·Addressing HIV/AIDS in vulnerable populations: LGBTQ+, youth, sex workers, drug users
·Global efforts and advancements in HIV/AIDS research
·Looking ahead: Challenges, opportunities, and the path towards an AIDS-free generation
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
1. The participant must be conversant with English.
2. Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
3. Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
4. The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
5. One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
6. Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.